Planet Patchwork Block
of the Month, 2009-2010
(12" finished block, Make one block)
Cut 2 squares 3 7/8", cut once diagonally
Cut 1 square 7 1/4", cut twice diagonally
Cut 4 squares 3 7/8", cut once diagonally
Cut 6 squares 3 7/8", cut once diagonally
Assembly & Block Construction of the Twisting Star
1. Sew one (1) A Black hst to one (1) Purple HST. See diagram 1 for
2. Repeat step 1 for three (3) more time for a total of four
squares. Press and set aside.
3. Sew one (1) E Purple HST to one A Black QST. See diagram 2 for
4. To the other side of unit just sewn sew one (1) B Green HST. See
diagram 2, Step 2 for placement. This completes one Flying Geese
unit. Press and set aside.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for three more times for a total of 4 Flying
6. Sew one (1) B Green HST to one E Purple HST. See diagram 3 for
7. Repeat step 6 three more times for a total of 4 units. Sew units
together as shown in Diagram 3. Press and set aside.
8. Referring to Block Diagram sew one unit from Step 1 to each side
of one Flying Geese unit. See Row 1 diagram.
9. Sew one Flying Geese Unit to each side of the unit sewn in Step
7. See Row 2 diagram for placement.
10. Repeat Step 9 to complete Row 3.
11. Sew rows together to complete your block.
12. Measurement check. Block should measure 12 1/2".
• Sew the rows together as shown in diagram.
• Press and YOUR block is complete.
Copyright 1995-2012 by The Virtual Quilt Company. All rights reserved.
Four Wheel Drive for your
Tutto Machine-on-Wheels is the strongest, most lightweight, and most
ergonomically friendly of sewing machine luggage choices!
our review and check out the wide assortment of
sizes and colors (and great prices) for this highly maneuverable carrier for
taking your sewing machine across town or around the world!
Planet Patchwork won't be undersold on quilting software!
Visit our sister sites
The Quilt Channel | The Quilt
Software Network | Quiltropolis
| Books |
History | Advertise
Quilts | Mystery |
Quilters | Planet
| Beginners | Travel
| Tools |
Essays | Views |